On episode THIRTY-EIGHT of Let the Bird Fly! the guys hold Wade off for one more episode, so that Mike and Peter can continue the discussion on Luther’s Baptismal Rite that they began with Ben on Episode 37. The guys are joined once again by Peter’s two oldest girls, as well as Mike’s middle daughter. After Peter discusses how the Gospel according to St. John handles the baptism of Jesus, the girls help the guys our in the Free-for-All. Mike proves to be so-twentieth-century and Peter once again discusses his “classy” upbringing. But eventually they make it back around to Luther’s Baptismal Rite, picking up with Luther’s wonderful Flood Prayer. Mike again references volume 3 of Francis Pieper’s Christian Dogmatics. And Oliva demonstrates the Augustinian influence that has caused her to reconsider her Donatist position on baptism.
If you haven’t listened to Part 1 of our discussion yet, you may want to do that first. You can find that in Episode 37. We hope the two-part discussion isn’t too much, but trust us, we reigned ourselves in (we probably could’ve made this a twenty-part discussion).
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.