On episode FIFTY-SIX of Let the Bird Fly! the guys have a full house, with all four of them present, plus three guests. Fortunately, Wade invented them over to Rev. John Bortulin’s house (one of their guests) to record.
Before getting going on this episode, Wade discusses the exciting news that Let the Bird Fly! has joined the 1517 Podcast Network. This has been announced on Facebook previously, but this is the first time on the podcast. If you’re not familiar with 1517., head on over to their website and check them out. And while you’re there, make sure to take a look at the other 7 podcasts in their network; you’re sure to find something you’ll enjoy! A huge thank you to the 1517 Podcast Network for bringing us on-board and for the support they’ve already given us. We’re excited to be able to bring our conversation to an even broader audience.
So, after a somewhat protracted introduction, Mike reads a few verses from Romans 10, which serve as a bit of a primer for our Main Topic: The Divine Call. Since we had 5 pastors (and two guys who flunked out of “pastor school”), we thought it would be good to discuss the calling process and how each of these pastors have managed it. We are thankful to Pastor Ben Zak (currently serving at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Milwaukee), Pastor Brian Doebler (currently teaching at Wisconsin Lutheran High School in Milwaukee), and Pastor John Bortulin (current serving at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Mukwonago, WI) for joining us on this episode. And an extra thanks to Rev. Bortulin for opening his home to us to record, we won’t forget it (what time next week, John?).
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Christ Taking Leave of the Apostles” from Maestà by Duccio di Buoninsegna is in the Public Domain.