On episode FIFTY-TWO of Let the Bird Fly! Rev. John Bortulin joins the guys to discuss Holy Week…and Easter 2. Rev. Bortulin is an associate pastor at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mukwonago, WI, and was the first (adult) guest on Let the Bird Fly! That’s right, Pastor Bortulin was the first person to agree to be on this very podcast, way back on Episode 3 (which, as it turns out, was also discussing Holy Week). Rev. Bortulin was also a guest on Episode 16, so if you enjoy what you hear here, go check those two episodes out! We are thrilled to have Rev. Bortulin back for this episode to discuss Holy Week…and Easter 2. Our Scripture Narrative kicks off our Holy Week discussion with Palm Sunday, and then we take a quick excursion into the world of modern medicine. Wade mentions the Wingin’ It series that Mike has been spearheading on the Divine Service. You can find that entire series here, and Wade specifically mentions the episode on The Sanctus, which you can find here. Eventually we do work our way through a discussion of this holiest of weeks in Christendom. We hope that you enjoy the conversation, and if you do, please let us know at podcast@LetTheBirdFly.com or on our Facebook page.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Images used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “Valladolid Holy Week” byLuis Ascenso is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.