On episode NINETEEN of Let the Bird Fly! the guys clear the studio and just have a good ol’ conversation with themselves (no guests or kids around this time). Wade’s been thinking about what it means to be a confessing Church lately, because he recently wrote an article about it (which you can find over at 1517. the Legacy Project). And since the guys pretty much do whatever Wade says, on this episode they grapple with what it means to be a confessing Church. But as always before getting to the main topic they deal decisively with a major question in their free-for-all. This episode they ask, Do modern comforts make us superior to our ancestors, or just soft? After some thought provoking and (less than) profound discussion, they turn to the main topic. During their discussion they mention Wade’s writing at the 1517. the Legacy Project. Some of Wade’s articles have been linked at the Let the Bird Fly! Facebook page, but if you’d like to see everything he’s written over there, you can do so here.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes,Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.