On episode THIRTEEN of Let the Bird Fly! the guys are all back together again with a couple of Wade’s children joining them in the studio. Although a couple of days late for Father’s Day, the guys discuss the role and vocation of fathers. Wade mentions is recent blog post about being a father, Peter recounts bringing his oldest daughter home from the hospital, and Ben shares his confidence in the power of the “BABY ON BOARD” car sign. Wade also mentions a recent post on wanting sinners in heaven (seriously, if you’re not visiting LetTheBirdFly.com at least a few times a week, you’re missing out on some great content Wade’s been producing). Before getting that main topic, however, Wade walks through the familiar parable of the Prodigal Son and the guys discuss when children should be given a cell phone (if at all). Peter brags a little bit on his own phone, but Ben puts him in his place. So with Father’s Day not too far in the rearview mirror, here are some of our thoughts on the blessings and challenges of being fathers.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes,Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.