On episode EIGHTY-THREE of Let the Bird Fly! Mike and Wade welcome back Dr. Paul Lehninger and Rev. Greg Lyon to discuss Christmas. As a launching point for the discussion the guys use Athanasius’s On the Incarnation, along with C.S. Lewis’s introduction to Athanasius’s classic treatise. They also read Luther’s 1530 Sermon on Christmas Day (except Mike, who does very little he’s asked to do and yet far more than he needs to), which they get to about half way through the main topic. Before getting to that discussion, though, they have a real Scripture Narrative (thanks for checking Wade’s “bible,” Mike), as well as a Free-for-All on their Favorite Christmas Customs.
We hope enjoy and that you and yours have a very merry Christmas!
Let the Bird Fly! is supported by the 1517 Podcast Network, which is part of 1517.org. The 2018 calendar year has been one of tremendous growth for 1517 and plans for 2019 and beyond are well underway. In order to continue to grow and spread the message of that the death of Christ saves, 1517 has set a goal of raising $250,000 by December 31st. If you are able to help support all the great content being produced by 1517, please consider doing so with a regular monthly donation, or a one time donate. You can find more about 1517 on their website and you can DONATE RIGHT HERE. Thank you for your support!
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also follow our Telegram Channel, where we post our new episodes as well as other content that we think you might enjoy. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Image used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “The Adoration of the Shepherds” by Gerard van Honthorst is in the Public Domain.