On episode FORTY-EIGHT of Let the Bird Fly! all four of the guys are back in the studio and joined by Professor Earle Treptow from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon, WI. Rev. Treptow was gracious enough to join us to talk about being a district president (or Bishop, depending on the nomenclature of your church body). Before joining the seminary faculty, Rev. Treptow served as the president of the Nebraska District of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
Before getting to the main topic, however, Wade walks us through what Paul has to say in 1 Timothy 3 about being an overseer in the church and the guys discuss the best decades for some of their favorite sports (or sporting events, I suppose, if you’re willing to allow Peter his first choice…which Ben is not). But as always seems to eventually happen, they finally make it to the main topic, where Prof. Treptow provides some wonderful insight into a role in the church that might often go overlooked. We are extremely grateful to Prof. Treptow for joining us on this episode. We hope to coax him back in the future to discuss some of the areas he teaches at the seminary.
And as always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music and Images used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Image: “St. Ambrose” by Matthais Stom is in the public domain.