On episode TWENTY-SEVEN of Let the Bird Fly! the guys welcome back Rev. Dr. Michael Berg (he’s getting to be so regular, we’ll have to dismiss with the formalities soon). Dr. Berg joins us on this episode to discuss a favorite topic of his; namely, apologetics. All the guys are back together for this one along with a handful of their girls; we even have our first guest child on, as Dr. Berg brought one of his three daughters along to record with us. (I’m telling you, this guy’s getting far too comfortable around this podcast.) In our Scripture Narrative Wade takes us through a bit of Revelation and points us to Dr. Berg’s fantastic chapel sermon from the feast day of St. Michael and All Angels. The kids discuss their favorite breakfast foods with the guys, and Wade forces Oliva to wait for her turn to talk (it doesn’t go well). Finally we make it to the main topic, where Dr. Berg wonders why he agreed to come on the podcast….again; as the guys seem more eager to talk about their how Dr. Kerry Kuehn might be doing with the revelation that the earth may be flat, than to discuss the great work going on at International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism, and Human Rights. (And seriously, they’re doing great work…and it’ a great excuse to visit France, so you should check it out!) If you can tune out the guys, however, and listen to Dr. Berg, you’ll recognize why he’s quickly becoming a fixture at Let the Bird Fly!
If you haven’t listened to Dr. Berg’s previous episode or Wingin’ It with us, make sure you check them out:
If you’re looking for more information on the Nain Lecture Series that Peter mentions as the end of the episode, you can find it here. If you’re in the Milwaukee area, come and hear Drs. Johnston and Berg present on Christian Freedom and Christian Vocation. The lectures are Saturday, October 14th, 2017 from 3:30 – 5:30.
And finally a handful of links from the episode that were mentioned:
- International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism, and Human Rights
- Heiko Oberman’s Man between God and the Devil
- Wade’s A Path Strewn with Sinners
- Craig Parton’s Religion on Trial
- Dr. Berg’s fantastic chapel sermon
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.