On episode FORTY-TWO of Let the Bird Fly! the guys welcome the Rigge family to discuss what it’s like to open and run a winery in Minnesota. Laura and John Rigge are joined by two of their daughters, as they tell us their story of founding Grandview Valley Winery in Belview, Minnesota. John and Laura know how to treat podcast hosts, as they brought along a tasty bottle of their very own Old Red & White wine to share. As good as the wine is (and it truly is), we think you’ll enjoy their stories just a much as you’ll enjoy their wine. Their passion for their work and for each other is evident throughout the conversation, and we are extremely grateful to them for sharing it with us. Wade was so grateful, in fact, that he made the Rigge’s the first-ever recipients of the Things Wade Likes: Let the Bird Fly! Award, which was fittingly accompanied by a Martin Luther bobblehead.
If you find yourself near Belview, Minnesota, do yourself the favor of visiting the Rigge family at Grandview Valley Winery. And even if you’re not in Minnesota, you can keep up with what they’re up to and with the winery on their Facebook Page and on the Twitter Machine.
As always, if you are enjoying the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.