On episode TWENTY-ONE of Let the Bird Fly! the guys welcome Professor Sheena Finnigan to discuss the value of history (spoiler alert: she’s a professor of history). Wade points out that history is important enough to find a prominent place in the Gospel according to St. Luke, and Oliva gets a bit too dark for Wade and Peter during the free-for-all. As always happens, however, we eventually make it to the main topic, where Professor Finnigan and Wade enjoy geeking out over history stuff (don’t worry, it doesn’t get too heady). Sheena discusses her primary research area, which is the history of motherhood and birthing in ancient Rome. This leads into a discussion of home births, which naturally causes Peter to mention Jim Gaffigan’s hilarious bit on home birth (if you haven’t seen it yet, you can do so here). Wade enjoys picking Professor Finnigan’s brain about some specifics and a whole lot of general history questions. The discussion ranges from home births to the difference between social/cultural history and intellectual history to uteri and even to some propaganda talk. We’re tremendously grateful to Professor Finnigan for joining us. Whether history is your thing not, we’re confident you’ll enjoy this episode.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes,Stitcher, Google Play, or TuneIn Radio. You can also like us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter. And, of course, share us with a friend or two!
Thanks for listening!
Attributions for Music Used in this Episode:
- “The Last One” by Jahzzar is licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- “Horses to Water” by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- “Gib laut” by Dirk Becker is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
- “Whistling Down the Road” by Silent Partner
- “Not Drunk” by The Joy Drops is licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International License.